For any drawing to be easily read by builders, manufacturers, clients and local authorities, standards have been set for all prints:
- All dimensions stated are in millimetres (imperial available upon request)
- An appropriate scale bar will be included
- The following information is included in a titleblock; Scale, Date, Drawing Reference, Drawing Revision, Site Location, Client Name (Optional), Initials of Technician and Revision Description bar (where appropriate).
- Standard text sizes include; 1.8, 2.5, 3.5, 4.5, 5.0 & 7.0
- Section indicators shall be clearly visible and where details are not available on the same sheet, a reference to the correct sheet shall be made.
To provide a high quality service, all drawings are converted into PDF format and stored for up to 5 years. AutoCAD files are also retained for the same period, to reduce the cost of any future projects that may occur on the same site. New owners of any building site where WealdCAD has provided services too, automatically have the right to these drawings for only a small archive retrieval fee.
For active projects, all drawings and media is archived and backed up daily to ensure minimal disruption is possible. In the event of a hardware failure, a secondary Computer is available to continue drawing, maintaining a high level of confidence in WealdCAD to produce drawings quickly and efficiently.
WealdCAD is changing it’s name to CPA Planning Design.